Preview the Highlights for 2018
Make the most of your time at this year’s CanWest Expo and take advantage of all the show’s resources that extend beyond the trade show floor!
Greenhouse Demo Zone | Sponsored by Goodwin’s Greenhouses
Look for the big greenhouse featured in Hall A showcasing the latest technology and products for greenhouse growers.
Biggest Education Program Ever! 31 Sessions!
- Landscape Designers Symposium (Full day)
- Urban Foresters Symposium (Full day)
- 2 Water Feature Workshops
- Effective Leadership for Lead Hands & Supervisors (1/2 Day)
- 24 – 90 Minute Sessions
- Special Truck & Trailer Safety Session (Free for all attendees.)
- Key Note Speaker: Ciscoe Morris
Check out the education program tab for all the session and speaker information, including the Free Session on Truck & Trailer Safety.
Enjoy Live Blues Music at the ‘Finning Lounge’
CanWest is featuring a Tailgate Party on each day of the show, generously sponsored by Finning! Enjoy appetizers on each day while getting into the Blues.
Day 1 Tailgate Party
Wednesday, September 26, 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm
- Winners of the Best in Show Booth Awards, Container Competition and Grower of the Year Award Announced.
- Music Entertainment: Kenny ‘Blues Boss’ Wayne – 2006 Juno Award Winner and Multi Maple Blues Award Winner. Hailed as “an artist bringing the piano back to the front ranks of contemporary blues”, Kenny’s musical career began as a child prodigy in the late 1950’s and has continued to flourish for over 60 years. This 2006 Juno Award winner and a multi Maple Blues Award winner is at the forefront of modern day blues piano practitioners.
Day 2 Tailgate Party
Thursday, September 27, 3:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Music Entertainment: Karla Sax – international artist playing live sax over tracks. Raised in the UK and Vancouver, Karla has been exposed to music all her life. Karla started her first group with her siblings when she was in high school as a jazz combo. In her university days, Karla was lead alto chair in the UBC Jazz Band and UVIC Jazz Orchestra. Karla graduated from The University of Victoria with a Bachelor in Music. She was recently featured in the New York Couture Fashion Week and she’s opened for John Legend.
Key Note Speaker: Ciscoe Morris
Thursday September 27, 3:15 pm – 4:00 pm
Free for Everyone to Attend!
- Throughout his gardening career, Ciscoe has been a pioneer in environmental leadership. He encouraged his first major employer, Seattle University, to practice Earth-friendly, sustainable landscape management. As his popularity grew, Ciscoe’s influence spread throughout the Northwest, helping thousands of gardeners design and plant landscapes without the use of poisons. Join Ciscoe as he reminisces about his life in gardens, and what he has learned from years of experience. This talk will have humorous stories about what worked and what didn’t. Attendees of every skill will learn practical lessons to use in their own gardens. This session is complimentary with your trade show badge.
New Product Showcase
- Check out the latest plants and products to hit the BC marketplace. Located in Hall B, make sure you vote for your favorite new plant and product.
- The CanWest Job Board effectively allows companies to instantly meet with potential employees. Take advantage of this excellent opportunity to find your next employee and bring an 8.5 x 11 posting to the Expo or email the posting (in PDF format) to Michelle at [email protected]
Attendee Prize Draw | Sponsored by Creative Embroidery
- Win $500 Cash! Drop a ballot in the box located at the BCLNA Booth. $500 cash given away each day at the Tailgate Party.
Find the Gnome
- Have some fun and look for three hidden gnomes that will be placed somewhere on the show floor each day. Win the prize attached!
- CanWest’s 9th Annual Container Competition showcases the hottest trends in container gardening. Containers are showcased on the show floor and judged by industry professionals.
Plant ID Contest
- Test your Plant ID knowledge at the Certification Zone for a chance to win $250! Set up as if it were administered by the CLNA’s Landscape Industry Certified program, each completed contest form is your ticket into the draw. One winner is announced daily!
CanWest Show Specials
- Exclusive for CanWest Attendees, exhibitors offer great show specials. Be sure to check back in September to see the list of deals that you can use towards pre-booking your spring products!
Westerra Refresh, Recharge, Rehydrate Stations
- Visit Booths 510 and 551 to have a seat, relax for a few, recharge your cell phone and to fill up your water bottle before you hit the next aisle of exhibits.
New! Free Wi-Fi Sponsored by TSD IT Solutions
Back by popular demand! Four delicious food trucks will be onsite to serve lunch. Plan your lunch before arriving: