Landscape Designers Symposium
Date & Time(s)
9:00am, Tuesday September 24, 2019 - 5:00pm, Tuesday September 24, 2019
Continuing Education Units
- Landscape Industry Certified: 6.5
- BC Pesticide Applicator Certification: 1.5 IPM
Member Early Bird: $250
Non Member Early Bird: $300
Member Regular: $275
Non Member Regular: $325
* This year's early bird deadline is September 6, 2019
- Designing Landscape in 3D Using SketchUp
Designing Landscape in 3D Using SketchUp
Advance your SketchUp 3D modeling skills for landscape design in this eight-hour dynamic training course!
This one-day course is about dealing with complex site grading for 3D modelling of landscape projects using SketchUp. It is suitable for landscape designers and architects who want to learn effective landscape modelling skills as well as techniques in using SketchUp as an interactive 3D design tool, minimizing mistakes and saving time early in the design process. Mansoor developed this course based on his twenty years of design communication and landscape architectural experience. Bring your laptop and follow along as Mansoor demonstrates digital landscape project design techniques from start to finish via a large projection screen. Participants will be further enriched by Mansoor’s demonstrations and by short lectures on specific topics and beyond.
Teaching and Learning Modes
This workshop involves both theoretical and technical skills training, including hands-on training. The use of a video camera and projector ensures that students can see and follow the demonstrations efficiently and effectively. Participants are expected to attend the full 8-hour workshop to get great results.
“Follow Along” Topics covered during the workshop
- Import design sketch of master plan into SketchUp
- Creating the base model
- Terrain and grading creation: transforming your site into 3D
- Designing, editing site grading and design elements in 3D
- Assigning materials and techniques
- Placing vegetation, people and furniture
- Use of camera, light and shadows for engaging storytelling
This course is for landscape designers/architects with a minimum of one year’s experience using SketchUp.