CanWest Hort Expo 2020 – Call for Speakers
New! We’re very excited to announce that we are now accepting talk proposals for the next CanWest Hort Expo taking place on Sept 30 & Oct 1 at Tradex, Abbotsford, Canada.
The education program is a core component of the show, drawing over 1,400 registrations over 3-days of sessions. The show has 2 full day symposiums, one for Landscape Designers (which will take place Tues Sept 29) and the other for Urban Foresters (which will take place on Wed Sept 30). Another 24 sessions, at 60 mins each, will be included on show days.
Our sessions target wholesale nursery and greenhouse growers; landscape professionals, arborists and retail garden centres. Attendees are drawn to the hottest topics, trends or industry challenges they are currently facing. Please see the attached show brochures to view topics presented over the past 3-years.
This call for speakers is open until Feb 28. All proposals will be reviewed by the CanWest Show Committee and peer-reviewed via survey to show attendees. Speaker selection will be determined by mid-April.
Submit a Topic Proposal
Please submit the following information by email to [email protected]:
- Contact information: Phone, Email, Address, Website
- Speaker Bio: Limit 100 words
- Topic Title & Description: Please include the following:
- Description (max 150 words)
- Session Objectives (What will attendees learn?)
- Answer the question: You will leave this session with…
- Why is this topic important to this audience?
- Audience Experience Level
- Previous speaking references and contact information
- What size of audience are you comfortable speaking?
- Attach Sample Speaking Videos if available
- Speaking Fee
If you have further questions, please direct them to Karen De Jong, [email protected], Show Coordinator. The CanWest Show Committee looks forward to your submissions!
Want to see what we have done in the past?